Drinking Water Testing
Many people in Morgan County depend upon private wells for their water supply. These water sources should be checked once per year, or more often if you are concerned about contamination of the well.
Pollution of drinking water can come from many sources, such as:
- Bacteria and Nitrates from Human and Animal Wastes
- Fertilizers and Pesticides
- Industrial Products & Wastes
- Heavy Metals
There are many sources that can help with information and products for testing.
- Indiana State Department of Health
You may order your own test kits from the ISDH for additional tests using this form:
- Water Supply Information
- Certified Drinking Water Laboratories in Indiana
- Information about Groundwater and Your Well
- Well Disinfection
- ISDH Environmental Public Health Division
- Water Well FAQ’s
- Location of your Water Well (DNR Database)
In Case of a Boil Water Order, here are the guidelines used for Food Establishments. Please feel free to adopt them to your personal needs.
Know your responsibilities in regard to testing of well water:
- Arrange for or collect your own samples.
- Use only containers supplied by the testing laboratory.
- Follow the sample collection instructions provided by the testing laboratory.
- Deliver the samples to the testing laboratory within the required time limits.