What is a nonprofit organization?
Many nonpublic schools, religious organizations, and nonprofit organizations are not included in the definition of a food establishment, and are therefore not regulated by the Morgan County Health Department.
Some examples of food establishments that are not regulated and not inspected by the Morgan County Health Department include:
- Nonprofit organizations operating for fifteen (15) or less days per calendar year, including bake sales, dinners and fish fries
- All church bake sales and dinners
- All parochial/private school concession stands and bake sales
To see the definition of a food establishment, please click here for Guidance on SEA 190 (Nonprofit Exemptions).
Also, please see: Decision Trees for SEA 190:
- Religious Organization
- Nonpublic Educational Setting
- Civic, Fraternal, Veterans, and/or Charitable Organizations
Please click here for information on Cooking for Groups, and here for a training session for nonprofit food volunteers.