The Morgan County Health Department is dedicated to the quality of life by promoting, protecting and providing for the health and safety of its citizens.
This is achieved by:
- Conducting quality services which create a clean and safe environment and healthy lifestyle for the citizens of Morgan County.
- Developing programs that protect against the spread of disease.
- Keeping citizens informed and prepared for natural and other disasters.
- Maintaining the well-being of all citizens through public health education.
- The Vital Records Division records and issues birth and death certificates occurring in Morgan County which date back to 1900.
- The mission of the Environmental Health Specialist is to promote and protect the health of our community through prevention today for a healthier tomorrow. This department plays a major role in preventing disease by controlling environmental risks.
Public Health Nursing:
- The mission of the Public Health Nurse is to prevent disease and promote health.