REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN BIRTH AND DEATH CERTIFICATES
One form of I.D. is required to get a certificate. All documents MUST be current and valid.
- Government-issued Driver’s License, Military I.D., State I.D. card, Passport
- Department of Correction I.D. (issued within the past 6 months)
- School I.D. (must be currently enrolled)
- Work I.D. (must be currently employed)
- Veterans I.D.
- Green Mexico Consular I.D.
TO OBTAIN A DEATH CERTIFICATE – THE PERSON MUST EITHER SHOW PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP OR SHOW A DIRECT INTEREST IN THE RECORD.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN A BIRTH CERTIFICATE:
- The individual named on record
- Parents of individual named on the certificate (must be listed on the record)
- Grandparents- The grandparent must show I.D.
- Sibling of the individual named on a certificate, must be over 21 and show proof of relationship.
- Child or Grandchild of the individual named on a certificate, over 21 and show proof of relationship and ID
- Current Spouse of individual named on certificate (must show proof of marriage and ID)
- Court Appointed Legal Guardian (must have proper I.D. and provide guardianship papers with seal)
- Attorney representing person named on record (must have I.D. for self with direct interest spelled out on letterhead or court documents)
- State and Federal Agencies (must have work I.D. with direct interest spelled out on letterhead, court documents, or signed authorization from client)
- Social Agency (must have work I.D. with court documents or signed authorization from client)